Standard Model Shower Timer
Standard Timer only — $220 With power and valve for use in Australia $290
- The shower is terminated after a pre-determined time and that is followed by a "discouraging" waiting period during which the shower will not operate.
- The shower and waiting time are pre programmed by the owner from 0-12 mins.
- The unit is located within the shower area at around eye level for audible and visual efficiency.
- There is a visual display which counts down the minutes and seconds remaining.
- The visual display is supported by an audible beeper.
- Extra low voltage power is supplied by a safety approved power pack.
Visual progress monitoring is provided by displaying the remaining time in minutes and seconds. This is supported by audible signals from an electronic buzzer. The audible signals indicate increasing urgency until the timer ultimately shuts off the water supply to the shower. The waiting time period then commences and is reported by the visual display. The visual and audible signals are similar to that used in a microwave oven.
Pressing the button momentarily begins the shower time sequence, confirmed by a beep from the buzzer. Hot and cold water taps still control the temperature and water flow. The visual display indicates the remaining shower time in minutes. At each minute change, the buzzer beeps once. From 99 seconds, the display indicates remaining seconds. At each of 30, 20, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 seconds remaining, the buzzer beeps once. The water is then cut off and the flashing visual display indicates the remaining Waiting time. Pressing the button at any time during the shower or Waiting sequence has no effect.
Each timer is supplied with a 12 Volt DC safety approved power pack which is usually installed above the ceiling, outside or in an adjoining room. Power can be taken from the supply serving the ceiling exhaust fan.
Both shower time and waiting time are selected and set by the owner from a number of pre-programmed time options. Shower time can be selected in whole minutes up to 12 minutes and the Waiting time between showers can be chosen from 0, 15, 30, 60, 120 or 300 seconds. The settings cannot be changed except by first removing the power source. Power failure will not change the settings. In the normal condition the settings can be seen at a glance because the visual display indicates the two settings alternately for three seconds each. The Shower time setting is displayed as a steady glow and the Waiting time flashes.
Note: The shower head is not supplied. You can usually use your existing one with the shower timer or save more with a water saving shower head!